One of our top Wealth Management Clients is looking for a Change Manager (Business).
Reporting to the Director, Program Management & Modernization, the Change Manager is responsible for establishing change management methodology and govern the effective application of change management principles across the organization while taking into consideration the overall impact and cultural sensitivity to change. Develops and presents change management materials and oversees/monitors the execution to ensure adoption and minimal disruption of normal business operations.
- Responsible and accountable to provide expert change management leadership, guidance, advice and decision-making support to sponsors, leads and teams on programs, projects and initiatives as it relates to change management for people, stakeholders, processes and technology.
- Partner with key stakeholders to guide processes, organizational structure, communications infrastructure, culture and standards.
- Accountable for the maintenance of and adherence to change management principles and tools.
- Partner with HR and other key stakeholders on the people side of change, including changes to business process, systems, job roles and also ensuring the right stakeholders are informed and appropriately included in the planning process, as applicable
- Identifies project risks and creates mitigation strategies. Applies change management methodologies, communication planning, organizational readiness assessment and stakeholder analyses.
- Manage the governance and application of the Enterprise Change Framework, ensuring the approach and processes are consistently applied on all change efforts across the organization
- Lead the Enterprise Change Management (ECM) Program to support organizational transformation and change efforts:
- Manage the development and implementation of an ECM Program by providing expert change advice and direction to senior business leaders and change leads on the consistent application of the framework, methodology and tools
- Coach leaders, project teams and key stakeholders to lead and champion change within their teams
- Build change leadership as a leadership capability across the entire organization, which may include workshops, training, etc.
- Direct and support the implementation of structured change management plans for assigned enterprise-wide programs, projects and key business initiatives.
- Evaluate and report on organizational change readiness and performance, working with other business areas to ensure organizational changes are in alignment
- Provide advice to business/project/change management leads on how to prepare, equip and support affected stakeholders with change management plans and activities
- Assess enterprise-wide impacts, change saturation, risks, etc.
- Understand the remediation and optimization priorities and the impact on the business and employees
- Plan and manage the day-to-day activities and administration of the Change Agents responsible for the change work, if required. Assign work and provide guidance to supporting resources, e.g. business partners, including:
- Manage and assign activities to effectively implement change plans.
- Provide effective leadership, advice, guidance and ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and tools to identify opportunities to continuously improve enterprise change management services
Knowledge and Skills Required
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience leading change management components of large change projects preferably in the financial/IT sector, minimum of 2 years at management level
- Superior communication skills, oral/written communications, listening, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strategic thinker who can clearly communicate complex issues in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences
- Strong knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Strong analytical abilities combined with a good business sense, and the ability to influence others in the organization, both upwards and laterally
- Certification in change management considered an asset
- PROSCI, Lean/Six Sigma, ITIL an asset