Manager, Capital Assets and Lease Accounting
The Manager, Capital Assets and Lease Accounting (CALA), will be responsible for many of the capital accounting processes. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Assets and Lease Accounting, they will perform a variety of tasks with the objective of:
– Monitoring capital projects being established and the costs being recorded
– Prepare monthly Fixed Asset and Debt continuity schedule, M form and annual Y form
– Managing and reporting on the balances attributed to Assets Under Construction (AUC)
– Analyse month end depreciation expense and variances
– Analyse monthly transfers and their impact on depreciation
– Analyse month end gain/loss
– Update, review or ensure compliance with accounting policies
– Ensure assets are added and retired from the accounting results appropriately
– Review balance sheet reconciliation to ensure balance are valid with sufficient back up
– Complete and document monthly control procedures
– Assist in external/internal audits.
– Annual CRTC reporting preparation
– Respond to BU Controller queries regarding their fixed assets and depreciation.
– Executing changes requested by BU Controllers to their assets (write ups, write downs, transfers and retirements)
– Assist Tax Department(s) in pulling information relating to fixed assets for corporate tax returns, GST/PST audits etc. Prepare ‘Provincial Utility Tax’ schedules annually and any other statutory reporting requirements.
– Create, manage and report IFRS16 leases in SAP REFX
– Regularly monitor interface activities from lease source systems to SAP
– Work with lease originators to complete inputs into REFX to facilitate lease contract creation and updates
– Other Ad hoc reporting
Critical qualifications / competencies would include:
– Bachelors or college degree
– Proficient PC skills, advanced Excel is a must
– Comfortable working with large data volume
– SAP & BI skills, preferred
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to make complex issues and processes clear and understandable to key stakeholders and decision makers.
– Ability to effectively work with peers and internal customers
– Capacity to take initiative and ownership of issues and tasks through to resolution
– Able to handle multiple requests in order of priority