Job Title: Manager( Business Process Design)
Overview of Role
This role resides within the Global Wealth & Asset Management (GWAM) segment. The ideal candidate is passionate about leading change and driving results through process improvements, especially through the utilization of Lean Six Sigma methodology and techniques. Actively contributing as part of a highly engaged team, the candidate will identify, own and implement initiatives that improve operational processes all the way through sustained benefits realization to increase quality and value. This position requires a self-starter with an engaging leadership style, solid influencing and facilitation skills who will quickly develop relationships across the organization while contributing to a fun and collaborative work environment. The role requires expertise in tools and techniques like six sigma, lean process improvement to drive improvements and initiatives across Global Wealth & Asset Management Operations and Finance. This team is key to driving annual efficiencies within the Global Optimization (GO) project and the Finance Transformation, as well as within the business. On a day to day level, the expert will lead large scale process optimization efforts by leading, motivating, and influencing project teams. As the organization is learning the concepts of continuous improvement, the candidate needs to be an enthusiastic change agent with an ability to translate sophisticated process re-engineering concepts to recommendations to tactical implementations. The team will be engaged on initiatives as a result of specific client needs, process irritants, data quality initiatives, and the transformation agenda.
• Lead large scale process optimization initiatives supporting the GWAM Finance & Operations teams by distilling current and future service lines, KPIs, while supporting both day-to-day and transformation needs ensuring client requirements are appropriately accounted for.
• Demonstrate flexibility – some assignments will call for a deeper analysis into root cause; some will involve faster, more agile problem solving and execution
• Present compelling, fact-based analysis that enables efficient and sound decision-making at the senior management level.
• Work collaboratively with the Project Sponsor and the cross-functional project team translate business problems into statistical problems into statistical solutions, and finally into business implementation plans
• Support process owners by providing the tools to maintain process investment, support the integration of processes into appropriately interconnected extended value streams including the support of 3rd party supplier management efforts to drive down cost of operations.
• Be a change agent – embed Lean Six Sigma process improvement discipline in all process improvements completed by the Continuous Improvement team
• Leverage analytical tools to diagnose, recommend and resolve significant process issues with an ability to influence senior stakeholders to drive change across the functional area
• Demonstrate advanced team facilitation skills with the ability to drive for solutions leveraging the Kaizen approach
• Be a creative problem solver to ensure appropriate data collection techniques are used to drive assessment and recommendations.
• Build strong employee involvement, engagement and collaboration within and across teams by providing a wide range of process technical expertise to build self-sufficiency in project team members in the continuous improvement space
• Be part of a team that builds a centre of excellence and a shared service within Global WAM for process improvement
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with middle and back office business partners to be aware of strategies & tactics that can benefit from a process re-engineering mindset
.Required qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree required in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering or related field.
• 5-7 years of previous management experience required in continuous improvement techniques like Lean Thinking or Six Sigma. Experience running an Operations or Finance team or having worked in Investment Management is an asset.
• Black Belt certification and comfort with the common tools such as MS Visio, MiniTab
• Demonstrated success in the coaching, development and overall leadership of a committed, well-aligned team that delivers results
• A proactive self-starter with a record of accomplishment as a successful quality leader; including developing and executing well-structured and organized development strategies and solutions to enable growth and sustain excellence in process improvement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to organize and negotiate with multi disciplinary teams in order to meet business needs
• A strong ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and the ability to work through internal ambiguity and changing priorities
• Ability to build positive and productive relationships with diverse groups of people; a drive for results combined with an appreciation for organizational structures and processes; thrives in a collaborative and challenging team environment
• Highly developed planning, organizing and negotiating skills; can manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• A proven innovative thinker and problem solver; brings a big-picture perspective – the ability to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational objectives; strong business acumen and judgment
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where change and growth are part of the culture
Position Dimensions (Organizational Impact):
• Total Team Size: individual contributor leading cross functional project teams
• Location of Role: Toronto
• Key Stakeholders: Executive Sponsor, Project Sponsor, Functional Workstream AVP lead, Process Business Owner AVPs, Control Function AVPs
• Supporting assets of $650 billion, GO Project, Finance Transformation