Job Title: Mainframe Programmer / Developer – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 12 months
Responsibilities / Deliverable / Skill Set Requirements – RQ00256
- Analysis leading to detailed information related to the current system logical and physical design and code structures during the concept phase of project
- Analysis of technical database requirements leading to definition of changes required to support the new system. Interface and arrangements with the DBA/Data Management staff to progress these changes.
- Creation of technical specifications in accordance with the OPS standards.
- Identification of problems/issues along with mitigation strategies
- Regular status reports on progress made.
- Effective knowledge transfer to RUS and I&IT Cluster staff at all stages of this assignment
- Report status to and follow overall direction from the Project Manager and/or Lead Technical Coordinator
- Logical and physical design required to incorporate the required changes
- JAD sessions / walkthroughs to vet the design and obtain signoff of the technical specifications.
- Development of new code and modification of existing code (online, batch and workstation) to implement the design as signed off in the technical specifications.
- Interface with the mid-tier developers.
- Ensure that the appropriate QA technical standards are incorporated into all artefacts and system code.
- Preparation of test data and code unit testing.
- Participation in integration testing including input to the integration test plan, setup of the test environment, creation of test data, execution of integration tests with the BA’s and other developers, recording of test results and defect repair
- Planning and participation in code retrofit with other developers that are modifying the same LCS code in other projects.
- Analysis of reported defects and corrections required to eliminate the defects.
- Use of Ministry mandated management tools for code libraries;
Skill Set Requirements for Mainframe Developers:
– Recent experience in using PL/I V4.5 or higher within the last 5 years.
– Fujitsu NetCOBOL V4 or higher
– 10+ years experience in programming and analysis.
– 10+ years experience in designing and developing windows client application interacting with IMS TM applications.
– 5+ years of experience writing mainframe PL/I transactions that process XML input and produce XML output and are able to consume non-mainframe webservices (Mainframe – Midtier integration, IMSCONNECT)
– Knowledge of Ontario’s Driver Licensing and Road User Safety’s policies around the Driver line of business.
– Experience working in accordance with policies and procedures of Ontario Public Service
– Experience with mainframe Screen Handling (MFS)
– Experience with windows workstation Screen Handling Software (SCREENIO)
– Experience with IMS DB V12 or higher (HALDB and DEDB) using the PLITDLI API.
– Experience with DB2 for z/OS V11 or higher
– Experience in Endevor source control tool
– Experience in writing check-point restartable IMS BMPs
– Experience scripting for SFTP (preferably in a mainframe environment)
– Experience with z/OS V2.2 or higher
– Expertise using mainframe IBM Debug Tool V13.1 or higher
– Expertise using file and database management tools (either File Aid V10.1 or higher, or IBM File Manager V13.1 or higher)
– Expertise using failure diagnostic tools (either Abend Aid V12.4 or higher, or IBM Fault Analyzer V13.1 or higher)
– Experience with IBM sort utility (DFSORT)
– Visual Studio 2008 or higher
– Visual Studio Debugger
– Harvest Source Control V12.5 or higher