Reporting to the Senior Manager of TV Branding, this a temporary role for Lighting Operator is critical for the monitoring and implementation of the On-Air Studio Lighting, the Arkaos Media Server system, and implementation, and maintenance and support all associated technical equipment.
• Design, monitor, and implementation of all lighting for the broadcast needs of the client
• Properly maintain and service all lighting equipment, and inform the Senior Manager, of any equipment needs and expendables
• Program daily lighting changes and effects as requested by scenic/show changes/requirements. Maintain lighting documentation as required
• Attend scenic and departmental meetings as required
• Manage extraneous requests as dictated by vendor and department needs
• Knowledgeable of and willing to adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy
• Other duties as required
• College or trade school diploma (or equivalent) with courses/seminars in all aspects of the Lighting Field such as cinematography, studio lighting, television lighting concepts, color theory
• Requires specialized knowledge of lighting theory (lighting principles, photometrics, exposure, color theory, lighting equipment, and electrical theory).
• Requires specific knowledge of camera operation, video-matrix setup, waveform/vectorscope alignment
• Requires working knowledge of electrical theory, systems, repair, and maintenance
• Requires specific knowledge and practical experience of computerized dimming boards, specifically the grandMA2 console and equipment, programmable lighting equipment, dmx/IP universes and distribution systems
• Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Position requires ability to lift heavy weights over 20 pounds e.g. lights, staging elements, ladders
• Physical hanging of lighting equipment/grip installation utilizing ladders
• Ability to work in various environments at heights, crouching, bending, and stretching.
• Obtain certifications if required
• Proficient in the following computer programs: Windows (all versions), Microsoft Office, Photoshop (or equivalent)
• Ability to work quickly and effectively in a safe team environment despite obstacles and time pressures.
• Must demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize.
• Knowledge and exposure of other areas of television is a definite asset
Experience preferably in a Live Broadcast Environment Communication: strong written and verbal skills