Job Title: Lending Officer
Location Address: 4715 Tahoe Boulevard (Not WFH Position)
Contract Duration: Dec 14 – 6 months
Schedule Hours: 9:30 – 8:00 PM – some officers start 9:30 – 6 PM, 1030-7 PM or 11:30 – 8 PM (could be any of these shifts)
The main function of the lending officer is to originate loans to applicants through detailed analysis of current financial standing. The typical lending officer will be responsible for taking a client through to closing.
Candidate Value Proposition: This role is a good opportunity to start working in the financial services and start building a career. Once candidate has knowledge of how lending how’s, they can potentially develop a career in Small Business or Commercial Banking. This role will provide an idea on how banking operations work on the lending side.
Typical Day in Role:
– Loan requests will need to be processed via loan payments or interest calculations
– High volume, processing time is very low, turnaround time is very small for each request
Processing can be done on loans or accounts – officers will be trained on what they need to check prior to processing.
– Operates independently to execute day-to-day operations within assigned authorities/limits (transactional limit of $100,000)
-Processes high volumes of daily transactions originated by customers, management or a B/F system
-Assists in providing administrative and processing support by gathering data and preparing returns and reports for review
-Overseeing necessary corrections are made as identified through output verification
-Provides national coverage between the hours of operation (7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time). Shifts may vary.
-Participates in the implementation of efficiency-focused improvements to operating procedures and/or systems to meet Bank regulations by participating in pilots and “test & learn” as required.
-Participates in cross-training to broaden skillsets across different areas.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience in Financial Services or related industry with knowledge of branch regulations, policy procedures.
2) Effective communication (written & verbal) and Organizational Skills.
3) 1 + year – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook – interest calculations, building the loans – can be taught)
4) Proven customer service skills, as well as flexibility to adapt to changing environments.
1) Working knowledge of Corporate, Commercial & Small Business products, services and procedures
2) Lending Experience
3) CSC (Canadian securities courses)
Soft Skills Required:
1) Proactive, asks the right questions, provides solution.
2) Analytical Skills
3) Experience in a fast-paced environment
Degrees: Accounting/Finance Background or Business Administration (Bachelors preferred, not must)