Schedule Hours: 7.5 hour days between 8:30am – 8pm
Contract Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension or conversion to FTE
Location: Mississauga – onsite for 1 month, then possibility of WFH/hybrid
Story Behind the Need
BSC Processing – Accounts, Products, & Lending is responsible for the Mid- Market Agriculture Commercial segment. Maintain accounts, electronic banking products, maintenance groups/existing products that clients need to maintain/service. Successful candidate will contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Banking processing credit support service team in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. All activitie conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
Contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Banking processing credit support service team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidates will be joining a unit with significant exposure to other branches of the bank. Great opportunity for professional growth & development in one of the 5 big banks, with extensive amounts of learning
• Responsible for monitoring of accounts and loans to ensure balance and payments are up to date.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Participates as an active partner, and initiates changes by working with stakeholders and business lines to resolve issues, remove roadblocks, reduce costs and improve services.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant products, processes and policies, including completing internal training, and reviewing appropriate news items and publications.
• Provides an excellent customer experience by taking responsibility for and ensuring
ongoing service, including updates to the loans, accounts, products and services of existing clients, and thereby adhering to established Operating Performance Commitments (OPCs)
• Responds promptly and effectively to service inquiries, concerns and complaints from Banking partners, with the ability to:
? Facilitate decision making processes by providing timely, meaningful and easily available data.
? Resolve day-to-day servicing issues and reduce business and client impact with managerial direction as required.
? Analyze situations and present sound recommendations and decisions to overcome any obstacles, and escalating if required.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
• Perform other related duties as assigned, including:
– Reviewing authorization for transactions and/or temporary credit requests
– Reviewing the daily overdrafts, delinquencies (including Small
Business), annual review, lending advances/payouts, etc.
– Reviewing & processing high volumes of standard/non-standard service and credit transactions of customers.
– Reviews authorizations (including syndications) for deals up to $10MM to execute the requirement of existing accounts, products & services, and subsequent funding.
– Operates independently to execute day-to-day operations within assigned authorities/limits (lending limits up to $5 million in total Borrower Connection based on time on post)
– Assist with implementing efficiency-focused improvements to operating procedures and/or
systems in order to meet Bank regulations by participating in pilots and “test & learn” as required.
Candidate Must-Have Candidate Skills/Requirements
– 1+ year of customer service
– Basic knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Previous banking or financial background (combination of education & work experience will be considered)
– Fast learner, with good time management skills & ability to multitask
– Flexibility to adapt to changing environments
– Excellent communication skills: 9/10
– Strong critical thinking skills
– Detail oriented
• Implementation experience in the setup and execution of accounts, products & services, and loan/funding
• Knowledge of business credit as it applies to the Commercial Bank’s policies & procedures, products & services, and security & collateral documentation.
– 1 round, 30 minute video interview with hiring manager