Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months with potential for extension and perm
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Manage loan side and account side, mainly doing maintenance (lending needs, signing authorities, change ownerships, updating credit limits and funds etc) which is completed through Workflows.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– This role is a great opportunity to start working in financial services and start building a career. The candidate will be exposed to commercial clients and all aspects of commercial banking operations (credit, security, maintenance and cash management).
– Open doors to other areas like relationship management.
– Take courses on AML/KYC during training
Typical Day in Role:
– Track and action all requests through Pega (approx. 50-80 requests per day from relationship managers)
– Requests will consist of updating limits, changing payments, providing authorizations for transactions, reviewing credit requests etc..
– Reviews and processes high volumes of standard/non-standard service and credit transactions of customers.
– Prioritize most urgent actions at the beginning of the day and move down the list
– Communicate with relationship managers, team members, client sometimes involved (99% of communications will be through MS Outlook)
– Ensure KPIs are being met (different KPIs depending on the request)
– Quality control (make sure everything is done accurately)
– Participate in the revision of AML related documentation
– This role will be mainly the servicing of existing clients
– Assist with implementing efficiency-focused improvements to operating procedures and/or systems in order to meet Bank regulations by participating in pilots and “test & learn” as required.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 1+ year of relevant working experience in Financial Services or related industry in operations/ processing.
2) Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills. (Will be communicating with various relationships managers)
3) 1 + year – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook – mostly Outlook)
4) 1-2+ years of proven customer service experience, as well as flexibility to adapt to changing fast paced environments.
1) Working knowledge of Corporate, Commercial & Small Business products, services and procedures
2) Lending Experience
3) Banking experience
Soft Skills Required:
1) Proactive, asks the right questions, provides solution.
2) Analytical Skills
3) Experience in a fast-paced environment with large volumes
4) Ability to work independently
5) Speed and accuracy
6) Works well under pressure
Degrees: Post secondary education or minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in financial services