Location Address: On-Site for first 3 months, WFH after based on performance
Contract Duration: 5/3 – 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Process services for small business customers. Manage loan side and account side, mainly do maintenance which is completed through Workflows.
Project: On Going Support – The main function of the lending officer is to originate loans to applicants through detailed analysis of current financial standing. The typical lending officer will be responsible for taking a client through to closing.
Candidate Value Proposition: This role is a good opportunity to start working in the financial services and start building a career. Once candidate has knowledge of how lending how’s, they can potentially develop a career in Small Business or Commercial Banking. This role will provide an idea on how banking operations work on the lending side.
Typical Day in Role:
– Loan requests will need to be processed via loan payments or interest calculations
– High volume, processing time is very low, turnaround time is very small for each request
Processing can be done on loans or accounts – officers will be trained on what they need to check prior to processing.
– Operates independently to execute day-to-day operations within assigned authorities/limits (transactional limit of $100,000)
-Processes high volumes of daily transactions originated by customers, management or a B/F system
-Assists in providing administrative and processing support by gathering data and preparing returns and reports for review
-Overseeing necessary corrections are made as identified through output verification
-Provides national coverage between the hours of operation (7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time). Shifts may vary.
-Participates in the implementation of efficiency-focused improvements to operating procedures and/or systems to meet Bank regulations by participating in pilots and “test & learn” as required.
-Participates in cross-training to broaden skillsets across different areas.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience in Financial Services or related industry with knowledge of branch regulations, policy procedures.
2) Effective communication (written & verbal) and Organizational Skills.
3) 1 + year – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook – interest calculations, building the loans – can be taught)
4) Proven customer service skills, as well as flexibility to adapt to changing environments.
1) Working knowledge of Corporate, Commercial & Small Business products, services and procedures
2) Lending Experience
Soft Skills Required:
1) Proactive, asks the right questions, provides solution.
2) Analytical Skills
3) Experience in a fast-paced environment
Degrees: Accounting/Finance Background or Business Administration (Bachelors preferred, not must)