Location Address: Hybrid – once every 2 weeks
Contract Duration: ASAP to Oct 31, ’23 – approx. 7 months
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday; standard 37.5 hrs/week
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology: We function as an agile team with an intense focus on human-centred Design, customer experience, rapid iteration, improvement, and quality for delivering software.
Project: The Enterprise Digital Banking Technology team is looking for a UX Design Lead for Day-to-Day work and managing between 2 -3 people at a time. Hybrid role between people manager and individual contributor – working on Digital Sales and Product Onboarding.
Role: Product Design Lead
Candidate Value Proposition:
This position is part of Digital Factory CCAU. The individual’s work will be reflected in 10 different countries, which is amazing to add to any portfolio. They will be joining and have access to a design community of 110 members, which is a great opportunity for networking and to learn from the best. They will also gain exposure across each Digital Channel within the bank. Opportunity to work closely with the leadership team.
Typical Day in Role:
• You will be a player/coach, providing oversight to a small working team of between 2 and 3 product design practitioners on the execution of an end-to-end digital experience.
• You will be a champion for our customers by providing leadership through empathy and inspiration.
• You will build, coach and mentor teams of User Experience Designers at different levels of expertise.
• You will partner and collaborate with another Product Design Lead, product management, engineering, marketing, agile, analytics and other key players within the Digital Banking organization to envision and build products that make our customer’s experience useful, engaging and effective while supporting our business goals.
• You will drive Lean/agile UX approaches pervasively throughout the product lifecycle; helping designers to become the collaborative glue that facilitates decisions across the dimensions of value, usability, and feasibility.
• You will leverage existing communication channels to build relationships, inspire confidence and influence decisions with your key stakeholders.
• You will be accountable for people management and day-to-day Design operations and decisions in regard to information architecture, functionality, UX, usability, visual design content development and research needs.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 8+ years of Proven UX/UI Design experience designing responsive web and mobile software applications.
2. 3+ years of experience managing/leading other designers (more than 2 at least)
3. 8+ years of combined experience with Figma and Sketch (please list which and years for each)
4. Candidate should have an updated online portfolio from the last 5 years which demonstrates their latest work, design decisions, problem they faced, and outcome, and how they exercise their leadership skills to make it happen.
5. Excellent design framework knowledge and experience.
1. Spanish (professional or fluent)
2. Ability to build and execute design research methodologies or user testing protocols in a rapid development environment.
3. Experience using Confluence and Jira
** years of experience in other design fields such as: print, branding, game design, typography, animation will not count towards the 8+ years we are expecting the candidate to have.**
Soft Skills Required:
• Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
• A collaborative leader who leverages diversity across disciplines/locations/levels to fuel creativity and innovation in product design.
• Commitment to get things done and willingness to immerse at the tactical level when necessary.
• A passion for changing the way people bank and a willingness to live in the future and build what’s missing
• Has an interest in tangential fields like typography, design research, big data, fine art, music, writing and communications, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work