Lead React/Node Developer
Location Address: Toronto Once Covid Restrictions Lifted
– Open to completely remote candidates
Contract Duration: 3 months initially – opportunity for extension or conversion
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am – 5pm
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Application
Project: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Application is seeking a Technical Lead, Software Developer to Contribute to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
– Currently working on phase 1 on the project that will last 6-9 months.
Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank but also to help modernize the customers’ digital access and experience.
Typical Day in Role
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Lead technical decisioning for the scrum teams, collaborating with Software Architects and other Technical Leads in the cluster
– Work closely with POs and BSAs to plan next-in-priority technical items in the backlog
– Work closely with Senior Development Manager, providing technical decision reasoning for work items
– Develop coding standards and testing approaches
– Work closely with Product Owner / BSA to determine near-term and future plans for the team
– Collaborate with Delivery Lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 6+ years of experience of with React.JS, and Node.JS
2) 5+ years of project management skills to map and execute short and long term plans for the team
3) 3+ years of experience in a developer lead position, overseeing the overall delivery and work of a development team
– Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
– Excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
– Demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
Degrees or certifications:
– A recognized undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
Candidate Review & Selection
Initial conversation with HM
– Codility to follow initial conversation with HM
– Possibly a third interview that is more technically focused for the third round