Lead Developer – AML
Contract Length: till Oct 31st 2022
FTE: Likely if candidate is interested
Location: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: FCORE – Application Development is seeking a lead developer to spearhead adding Disaster Recovery (DR) and Non-Functional Testing infrastructure to the existing Oracle Anti-Money Laundering (AML) application. The successful candidate will interface with various subject matter experts (DBA, Network, Architecture, QA, Infrastructure, PM, Application Developers, etc) to ensure the success of the project. Project is already in flight and the candidate will be required to hit the ground running from a technology perspective.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and get exposure to various teams in the bank.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Work closely with project management and technical SMEs to update plan and work on next-in-priority technical items
• Documentation of existing state, interim state and future state solutions, architecture, and integration points
• Raise blockers or gaps in current plan, identify and engage teams that can resolve them and work towards that resolution.
• Accountable for the activities for projects assigned (including related sub-projects)
• Within the context of the assigned programs/projects, responsible for providing regular communications with technical stakeholders
• Act as the subject matter expert for the projects assigned and be able to summarize progress/challenges to leadership
• Currently there are no direct reports, but as project and experience grows there is an opportunity to lead a team
Experience / Education:
• Oracle FCCM (Mantas) and FCC Studio experience from the development perspective
• Infrastructure/Application experience either working with, building or upgrading an existing DR solution on a similar scale. Building and upgrading preferred.
• Understand requirements, design and implement technical solution within the application ecosystem
• Linux/Unix and Apache configuration experience
• Sound technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to quickly become comfortable with unfamiliar areas of technologies
• Solves complex technical issues which may require facilitation of multiple senior resources
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues requiring coordination across multiple different stakeholders to resolve
• Incumbent possesses project management skills to map and execute, short and long term plans for the team
Must Have Skills:
1) Infrastructure/Application design and support relating to an active Disaster Recovery environment
2) Oracle FCCM (Mantas) or relatable AML technology platform experience-1+ years of hands on experience
2) Korn Shell scripting (1+ years of hands on experience)
3) Linux OS experience (2+ years of hands on experience)
4) Apache Tomcat (2+ years of hands on experience)
5) SQL (3+ years of hands on experience – writing, reading, optimizing)
Nice to Have Skills:
– Agile and DevOps team experience
– Hands on experience with other AML applications, i.e. NICE Actimize, Fircosoft, FINTRAC reporting
– FI/Banking Industry experience
– Strong communication skills – written & verbal (internally facing, will have to lead a few things with internal tech team, or interface with other tech teams at the Bank)
– Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Best vs Average: Some experience as a lead developer or team lead where they were responsible for assigning tasks. Is able to communicate well and translate technical requirements to the management team and BAs. Need to have experience in infrastructure for this role, and the best person would have set up or maintained an application that had disaster recovery.
– 1 round of non-technical “fit” video interviews followed by selected candidates joining a second round technical panel video interview. Both through Microsoft Teams