Job Title: Senior Software Developer (Full time- permanent role)
On behalf of our direct financial client, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer for a full-time opportunity.
The ideal candidate would be a champion of agile methodology with excellent leadership/mentorship abilities.
- Full-stack development (Front-end Java, back-end Angular, but heavier on back-end development)
- Experience with Linux
Nice to have:
- Java & Spring Boot Framework
- DevOps experience
- Experience with Docker
- Experience/knowledge of relational databases
As a passionate technical lead responsible for the overall delivery of an agile team including mentoring the team on agile practices – the role entails leading the team’s agile ceremonies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, retrospectives and demos. The technical aspect of the role is to develop software programs and applications for a number of mission critical product. The individual will ensure that software defects are fixed in a timely fashion based on SLA’s and that KPI’s are measured and reported as required. The individual must also provide 3rd level Production support that will include an after-hours on call rotation schedule.
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with BA’s, product managers and application architects in the initiation of new solutions and/or software programs and applications.
• Lead team implementations and provide a diverse set of Agile & DevOps coaching services ranging from project management, requirements, design, development, testing, environment management, change/release/support
• Lead inception and iteration planning phases of the Agile software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements, specifications and designs.
• Research and document detailed design of the business systems and oversee the unit testing of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements/upgrades
• Write, translate, and code software programs and applications
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problems
• Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals/guidelines • Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of business systems as necessary.
• Liaise with operational teams to assist in resolving problems with software products or business systems and identifying and fixing root causes
• Diploma/Degree in computer science or software engineering
• Minimum of 8 years equivalent work experience.
• Expert in JEE servlet technologies on Spring framework.
• Extensive technical knowledge of programming languages such as: C/C++, Java, Scripting languages ex. Python and/or TCL.
• Expert in SOA, with focus on RESTful web services, Json and XML.
• Experience with Source Control Management tools (Git, Maven, Nexus)
• Knowledge of Salesforce and experience with Linux (RHEL preferred)
• Experience in SDLC methods (agile, scrum and Kanban required)
• Experience with relational databases – Oracle is preferred
• Knowledge of Messaging technologies (IBM MQ, Active MQ, Kafka)
• Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, CRI-O, Kubernetes)
• Knowledge and experience with Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus and Ansible