Requisition Title: L2 Programmer/Developer
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 11 months
Scope of Services and Deliverables – The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
Our Public Sector Client requires a L2 Programmer/Developer with 5-9 years of experience for developing, maintaining and administering IT solutions
The consultant will:
• Draft technical requirements, and prepare detailed technical solution design for maintaining mainframe systems and data migration from mainframe system to MS Dynamics CRM based applications
• Write or change, maintain and unit test programs in IMS DB/DC Mainframe using Enterprise COBOL for ZOS, BTS, JCL and CLIST, following existing standards.
• Write or change, maintain and unit test Java programs
• Write or change, maintain and unit test programs for conversion, and Integration (between the mainframe and application servers using tools such as Connect Direct and IMS connect), following existing standards.
• Promote programs from development to system test. System test online and batch programs. All work must follow existing standards
• Provide support in the development & production environments.
• Develop, maintain and print reports using Clist. TSO, etc. All work is required to be completed following the CSB’s system development life cycle (SDLC).
• Prepare specifications, and document all modifications and enhancements made following existing standards.
• Complete work and achieve milestones within the assigned deadlines;
• On-call support for ICON case management system
• Provide ICON application support for the users on an ongoing basis; and
• Perform other functions related to the project as required under the direction of the Project Manager, Criminal Systems
• Work with solution design lead to create data migration strategy and prepare data migration packages
• Provide application support, including participation in on-call rotation
• Support the testing team during system and UAT testing
• Prepare deployment packages of code and instructions for builds in Development, UAT, and
• Participate in Knowledge transfer
• Over 8+ years of overall experience in entire Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience maintaining and supporting mainframe solutions and databases
• Strong knowledge of data migration processes involving mainframe systems
• Strong IBM COBOL experience and expertise with the mainframe environment
• Experience in development of JEE based applications, including (but not limited to) integration layer services such as web services
• Experience working with Core Java, JEE frameworks and Microsoft .Net Framework Technologies
• Experience in wrapping mainframe IMS transactions into Java APIs and/or web services
• Experience in implementing system to system integration (through APIs, web services) involving mainframe applications
• Experience working in a similar technical environment (recognizes the language, data model, and size of an application that has undergone multiple changes over a long-term period)
• Demonstrated experience in the use of tools to support application analysis
• Ability to apply lessons learned from applicable projects
• Successfully completed technical analysis of legacy applications for similar complex, environments
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Track record for meeting deadlines in a complex program environment
• Mainframe – IBM z/OS
• IMS DB/DC
• IBM COBOL