Job Title: ServiceNow Developer
Duration: 4 months(high possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Domestic & International Application Support & Automation is seeking a ServiceNow Developer to support the GSOC (Global Systems Operation Centre) project for the Event Management and PagerDuty stream. The ServiceNow Developer will contribute to the overall success of the Event Management and Application development team within Performance and Capacity Management in Global Technology Services ensuring application onboarding and deployments are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the chance to gain exposure to new technologies and have the opportunity for growth.
Typical Day in Role
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Support ServiceNow Event Management Module and integrate third party monitoring tools (via custom integrations, web services, API’s)
• Work across different Business lines to understand customer needs and problems, build creative and thoughtful solutions, and drive the success of Event Intelligence and PagerDuty as a whole.
• Build and deliver applications on the ServiceNow platform that apply innovative technical solutions to eliminate manual processes and simplify workflows for complex procedures
• Design and develop new reports, dashboards and performance analytics widgets and support business and customers in its usage
• Providing Technical Support of the existing ServiceNow environment, applications and modules
• Perform unit testing, code reviews, development best practices and implement ServiceNow related best practices
• Assist in patch and version upgrades
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Ability to interact with customers of multiple levels of technical expertise
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Experience working with ServiceNow Event Management Module (events, transform maps, alerts rules), or understand the concept of Event Intelligence product – 2+ years of hands on experience
2) Deep functional and technical knowledge of the following ServiceNow ITSM and ITOM modules: Incident, CMDB, Service Request, Knowledge, or Intelligent Apps Modules (don’t need experience with all, but the more the better) -2+years of hands on experience
4) Hands on experience with complex / custom Integrations / web services/APIs – Integrating
ServiceNow with third party tools. – 2+ years of hands on experience
5) Advanced development and administration experience with ServiceNow Development Platform and methodology – 2+ years of hands on experience
7) Strong communication skills
– ServiceNow APIs (Business Rules, Script includes, workflows, Client Scripts, inbound email actions, etc.)
– ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
– Experience in monitoring and event management practices
– Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
– Experience with PagerDuty
– Knowledge of Spanish
– Experience with ServiceNow Orchestration
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: In-person Panel (Lead Systems Administrator & Lead Developer), Technical Interview
o Potential 2nd interview with Director