Job title: Junior QA Analyst
Duration: 12 months
The Junior Analyst will be responsible for providing testing, technical expertise and business support for all Investment Fund Administration; for Canadian division Mutual Funds and Segregated Funds. We are looking for a candidate who has experience in testing third party applications, is detail oriented and takes the initiative to dig deeper to understand how our trust accounting system executes funding and trading activities by interacting with various client administration systems. Candidate is required to create and execute test plans, gather and document requirements, work closely together with the team to evaluate alternatives and execute the solution.
• Provide business support on systems releases, project implementations and project warranty support. • Create functional test plans, execute functional testing and regression testing including defect management
• Ability to meet deadlines under tight work pressures
• Assist senior analysts to liaise between business and systems areas, investigating issues, recommending and supporting the implementation of solutions which add value to internal and external customers.
• Assist and/or identify root cause of problems and develop solutions to support stability of the production environment
• Assist and/or identify areas of opportunities through detailed analysis and develop recommendations for improvement
• Assist in gathering and documenting business requirements and ensure their successful implementation
• Assist senior staff in analyzing current business processes
• Assist in conducting workflow analysis, define user requirements, identify issues and recommend and implement solutions based on best practices, while validating that our system solutions meet the business requirements.
• Ensure that the system solutions adhere to quality standards
• Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse team
• Co-ordinate implementation activities with the business
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Minimum 1-3 years of progressive business analysis & testing experience
• Excellent analysis and testing skills including data gathering, problem solving, test strategy and plan creation and execution
• Possess a strong desire to understand the business with the capability to analyze and seek out answers with minimal direction
• Must have excellent knowledge MS applications specially Excel (vlookup, pivot table, formatting data, etc);