Junior Project Manager
Typical Day in Role
• Owner and lead for GWO T+1 Analytics Platform roadmap and delivery
• Driving weekly Operating Committee, Steering Committee and executive updates for T+1
• Driving the “so what” from the T+1 analytics platform to help the business determine pockets of pressure/risk ahead of industry go-live
• Key player in driving operational readiness of the analytics platform and its successful embedding into target operating model post go-live
• Monitor project progress, identify and resolve issues, and provide regular status updates to stakeholders.
• Manage project resources, budgets, and risks effectively
• Lead, plan, and execute additional complex projects related to banking operations, such as process improvements, system upgrades, and regulatory compliance initiatives as assigned.
• For assigned projects, define project scope, goals, and deliverables, while adhering to strict deadlines and budgets. – Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, IT, compliance, and finance, to ensure project success.
• Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the operations department
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
• 2-4 years experience as a Project Manager
• Proven experience in the banking industry, with a strong understanding of banking operations.
• Proficiency in project management tools and methodologies.
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance in the banking sector.
Nice to Have Skills
• Experience with Power BI/Power Apps an asset
• PMP or similar certification is a plus.
• Prior Experience in Capital Markets Operations is an asset
• Prior experience working within the trade life cycle and with complex trade data sets is beneficial
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• College or University degree (Business or Financial preferred)