Junior Project Manager
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6-month
Extension: Likely renewed for a total of 12 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Regulatory & Compliance Technology
• Project: Multiple Projects (portfolio of regulatory technologies)
• Reason for request: Replacement for Maternity Leave
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to capital markets and work with a portfolio of over 30 applications with multiple ongoing projects. They will aid in managing over 100 people and have high visibility.
Typical Day in Role
• Prepare weekly and monthly updates on teams across the portfolio
• Elicit and document requirements for project and enhancement requests.
• Build and manage relationships with business and technology partners.
• Practice agile methodologies (ie. daily scrum meetings, retrospectives, etc)
• Support contractor onboarding/renewals. Identify escalations as needed.
• Formulate system scope and objectives, and validate the developed requirements, testing, training and implementation of applications.
• Assist internal business groups on process improvement projects.
• Handle multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and timeliness.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3+ years relevant experience (e.g. coming from project coordinator or recent PM roles)
• 1-2+ years’ Power BI, Jira, and Visio
• Agile knowledge required
• Advanced Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc), MS Teams, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Capital Markets experience
• Ability to read Python code
• Results-oriented and highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and ability to apply this knowledge to target root cause of complex issues;
• High attention to detail
• Enthusiasm for making a positive impact to the Bank;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately;
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work independently and interact effectively as a part of a team
Best vs Average:
• Someone from the project world, with experience in new projects. The candidate would not be senior and would be willing to learn and leverage previous experiences. We need someone who has the base experience to deliver without too much hand holding (not a new grad, but someone with enough experience to adapt quickly)
• The ideal candidate will be working in an agile environment, responsible for supporting the Governance team to ensure the deliverance of both internal portfolio needs, and mandates as set at an enterprise level. Firsthand experience in business intelligence and analytics will be beneficial. A passion for continuous improvement is key to succeeding in this role.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: 1-2 rounds, panel