Junior Marketing Manager
Location Address: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Duration: 1 year – possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Title: Manager – Retail Customer Growth
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Retail Customer Growth team plays a critical role in driving growth of retail products in the Canadian market.
Project/Role: This Manager role will support the Senior Manager, Everyday Banking, and will be responsible for leading marketing strategies, planning and execution of key multi-channel acquisition, engagement and retention initiatives. The successful candidate will support Deposits, and the Everyday Banking portfolio.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to large marketing campaigns and work with different product segments within one of the big 5 Canadian Banks with lots of opportunity.
Typical Day in Role:
• Responsible for (1) collaborating across the organization to design and develop acquisition and engagement/retention programs; (2) developing seasonal and always-on program strategies for MASS, TARGETED and DIGITAL marketing to drive traffic to campaign landing pages, high application completion rates, delivering healthy CPAs and (3) optimizing program performance by performing necessary analysis, test/learn and competitive insights.
• Leverages data and insights to conceptualize and propose marketing program that drive the highest results
• Contributes to the strategy and design of multi-channel marketing programs including digital, out of home, print, in-app, owned channels and telephone banking
• Leads execution of campaigns across the client lifecycle including acquisition, engagement and retention
• Comfortable with data to perform necessary post campaign analysis
• Comfortable leading cross functional team meetings and delivering presentations to executives
• Manages key relationships with internal partners and external vendors – working with marketing, digital marketing and product owners
• Leads and drives a culture throughout the team that keeps the client at the centre of all initiatives
• Support Retail Product Lines, including Deposits, Investment or Segments
• Support the achievement of business line targets including Gross Sales, Revenue and Balance Growth and Attrition
• Responsible for ensuring effective management of strategic projects and championing them throughout the organization
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years running marketing campaigns – strong knowledge of managing marketing campaigns (mass and targeted), budget, and program execution
2) 3+ years of project management experience
3) Strong knowledge of computer software – MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
4) Proven knowledge of digital marketing strategy, audience strategy and segmentation, and being able to analyze, using KPIs to produce reporting summaries
1) Experience/knowledge of banking industry
2) Prior Program Management Experience, PMP
Soft Skills Required:
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strategic thinking
• Cross functional stakeholder management
• Strong analytical mindset – data oriented to review, assess, and gather insights contributing to effective decision making
• Creative and innovative thinking
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or a related field required.
• PMI or PMP certification preferred.
Candidate Review & Selection
3 rounds – 1st round with HM 20 minutes – intro chat
2nd Round panel – 1 hour
3rd round with Director – 20 minutes
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP