Junior IT Security Analyst
Location Address: WFH – Office: Scarborough
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri
Extension/FTE: Yes, depending on performance and project.
Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Hunt & Threat Intelligence
• Project: Cyber Threat Intelligence Analysts are accountable for the review of the Cyber Threat Landscape on a regular basis. This role is responsible for preventing the day-to-day analysis of key actions. Review of cyber threat landscape, zero-day vulnerabilities, assess risk to the Bank from external threats. A Spanish speaking resource is required.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• We are part of a global information security team that supports various business lines globally. The successful candidate will be able to gain practical experience within the first line of defense in IT Security. They will have a chance to learn from a well-established team at one of the Big Five banks in Canada and work with diverse industry leaders who have hailed from top technology companies around the world. There is also an opportunity for transition into a long-term career with Scotiabank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
• Develop and interpret security policies and procedures Participate in security compliance efforts
• Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
• Provide communications on situational awareness and technical intelligence to different stakeholders and trusted partners from both internal and external organization.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. Must be Bilingual in Spanish/English
2. 1+ years of hands-on technical working experience in any of the following: network security, information security, network and/or IT support
3. Working knowledge of various cyber security concepts, investigation procedures, and adversary techniques.
4. You have broad knowledge of common cyber adversaries, attack vectors, intrusion tactics, and attacker tools.
5. You have experience in analyzing and interpreting data from multiple sources, documenting the results and providing meaningful analysis reports and briefings.
• Experience in incidence response, malware analysis, pen testing experience
• Certification(s) (e.g. GSEC, CompTIA Security+, CCNA, CompTIA Networking+, ITIL CEH, and OSCP) would be an asset(s).
• Excellent communication on situational awareness and technical intelligence to different stakeholders and trusted partners
• Strong mixture of teamwork and independent working skills
• Proactive and able to complete tasks in an efficient manner
• Ability to priorize and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner and provide oversight and training to other less experienced team members.
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science or in a related field.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1-2 rounds of interviews