Junior Data Strategist
Location Address: WFH; office is in Toronto – ideally would be nice for them to come on site once in a while for socials etc., but open to fully remote candidates
Contract Duration: 1 year
Possibility of extension and conversion based on performance
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5, Mon-Fri
Reason: New role, supporting analytics team
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking
Role: The Data Strategist role sits in partnership with Global Analytics and Digital Marketing Acquisition team. In this role, you will partner with the Digital Marketing team to understand their business problems, build audience segmentations and analytics solutions, and present results of the campaigns and deep dive analysis. You will act as a SME and build data assets and target audiences to help solve business problems. This role is a mix of strong technical understanding and business acumen.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain access to a brand-new full customer data platform by Adobe, learn new skills, be at the forefront as one of the first banks using the new technology, and use data and insights to help define meaningful audience strategy.
Typical Day in Role:
o Project Work
– Collaborate with Digital Marketing and other stakeholders to understand the business problems, build customer segmentations and reporting suits, etc.
– Define the scope of projects by gathering business requirements, creating technical requirements, timeliness, project scope, etc.
– Deliver analytical outputs (new data sets, dashboards, actionable insights, root cause analysis, deep dive analytics) that will help support business growth and development.
– Create supporting artifacts, such as project plans, documentation, data lineage, metadata, data dictionary, etc.
– Present analytical outputs, communicate findings, provide recommendations for actionable insights, etc. to business partners and key stakeholders.
– Act as a SME with our Digital Marketing partners and other key stakeholders
– Collaborate with other Data, Technology, and Analytics partners
– Proactively suggest project ideas, data process improvements, opportunities, etc. that support both business and analytics teams
– Promote Data Literacy with partners and key stakeholders to raise the collective understanding of data, tools, etc. available to them
– Champion data driven decision making
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our clients Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years’ End to End Analytics Experience (see additional notes)
2) 2+ years’ Experience in querying and working with large data sets, ideally within an Enterprise Data Lake or Enterprise Data Warehouse
3) 2+ years’ Hands-on experience with and common programming Language and machine learning libraries: SQL, Python
4) 2+ years’ Data Visualization Experience: for example, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
1) Experience with Big Data Ecosystem tool (Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop)
2) Experience in Banking/Financial Services
3) Experience in Digital Marketing Analytics
4) Project Tracking Software experience: for example, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
Soft Skills Required:
• Communication Skills (oral and written)
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, from planning, coordination and development, and delivery
University Education in Business, Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
Candidate Review & Selection
1-2 rounds – 30 minutes
Technical & behavioral components
Technical: testing experience in programming languages, in Data Lake and other technical skills from the requirements
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
-End to End Analytics Experience: explore, clean, aggregate, and consolidate data; create analytical outputs; synthesize information in easy-to-understand formats; communicate/present findings to business partners
– More of a hands down on the desk kind of role