Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: WFH (Montreal)
Reports To: Director, Data Strategy and Governance, Wealth Asset Management Analytics & Technology Canada
English required, French a plus Re
Our Canadian Wealth and Asset Management Division which includes both the Manufacturing of Retail and Institutional Investment Products as well as the Distribution through Financial Advisors and Group Retirement is looking for a Data Analyst to participate in our data-based transformation. The Data Strategy and Governance Team combines technology with product expertise to bring unequalled value to the Investment Sales, Strategy and Product teams. We evaluate, collect, analyze and process data from a variety of internal and 3rd party sources for use in our Canadian Wealth and Asset Management business.
The Data Analyst will:
- Proactively initiate, research, and perform data analysis to internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the complete lifecycle of data integration: analysis, design, implementation and actively engage with the business on using the data to generate fact-based decisions.
- With the help of our analytics teams; architect data flows, build out data pipelines and implement complex analytics.
- Contribute in building and assuring the proper data quality and governance processes to mitigate risk related to data inaccuracy.
The Data Analyst is critical and raising role that give the ability to translate business problems to analytical solutions and insights. The incumbent understands the technologies and tools used by the IT, BI and Advanced Analytics Teams and can provide his view on how the data flows and data integration are impacting the business. You will be acting as a hub between all the Canadian Wealth and Asset Management users, IT and the Global data office.
- Oversee the complete lifecycle of data integration – 70%
• Conduct ongoing needs assessment interviews with customers to determine data requirements and test/validate all developed data models. Look for opportunities to streamline and consolidate data models effectiveness.
• Additional functions include building data models, datasets and dataflows.
• As a member of the team this role is required to participate in projects that support new need in data.
• Transfer knowledge to the teams/departments through coaching/consulting.
• Review data requirements with the requestor to ensure a full understanding of the needs in order to build the storage and accessibility in an accurate and timely manner. Negotiate delivery dates with Clients based on the complexity of the need.
• Partners with other internal divisions (e.g. Finance, Marketing Research) or external vendors.
• Reviews the productivity model to determine alignment with business strategy, makes recommendations for enhancements.
2. Contribute in building and assuring the proper data quality and governance processes – 30%
• Work with the Global Data Office to build Data Quality tests
• This role will need to establish the escalation process of the Data Quality exception-based flags and work with internal divisions to fix issues related to data.
• Develop effective communication with all different parties in case of data issues
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies)
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technology-related field
• 2+ years of relevant experience
• Familiar with Agile concept and methodologies
• Comfortable writing/reading/editing SQL queries and can create impactful dashboards and/or views
• Passion for analyzing large and complex data sets and converting them into the information that drive business decisions.
• Deep knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI (DAX, M)
• Superior analytical and statistical acumen
• Attention to detail and effective verbal/written communication skills
• Solid understanding of the upstream admin systems and downstream impacts to other areas
• Experience in setting up data pipelines, processing data with complex analytics and ensuring data integrity
• Effective problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders.
• Structured thinking with ability to easily break down ambiguous problems and propose impactful solutions.
• Experience with Salesforce Object model
• Strong team player with a high commitment to quality work and service
• Eager to learn
• Establish a high level of peer trust and confidence and maintain positive customer relationships
• Good negotiation and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner
• Highly motivated and driven, able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work directly with senior management contacts within Manulife
• Flexible and creative to solve customer needs and assignments as assigned
• Ability to develop positive internal business relationships and contacts
• Always looking for ways to make continuous improvements
• Positive attitude and willingness for continuous learning of new technologies
? Adapt to new reporting, analytical and statistical processes and technologies
? Multiple tasks with high volume and competing priorities
? Develop and design effective reporting and analytical findings based on ambiguous information and unclear requests
? Provide exceptional service in all business relationships while maintaining integrity and accuracy
Scope (Dimensions & Organizational Impact):
This position has the authority to:
? Make recommendations to management based on analysis of sales and activity reporting, impacting business decisions and direction
? Working from sometimes ambiguous requests, this role has the freedom to create reporting designs and solutions to meet the business requirements
? Provide reporting coaching, training, support and mentoring to retail sales teams as required
? Proactively seek opportunities to automate the most time and resource intensive processes to optimize the production and delivery