Location Address: Toronto – first 90 days in office as per group requirement
– from there, hybrid model
Contract Duration: 4 months (Possibility for extension or conversion)
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am – 5pm
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GBM Onboarding –
Project: GBM Onboarding is seeking a Reporting and Analytics specialist / Data Analyst to support GBM Global Refresh team in the design, development and production of operational metrics, executive reporting and management insights in order to drive performance and reduce operational risk. The role of the Associate is to develop and support data-driven business processes/solutions that enable the team to deliver on specific projects related to GBM Global Refresh and Bank-Wide strategic objectives.
Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get the opportunity to get converted. The candidate will be coming in to a very positive culture, and be able to prove themselves, and move up within the bank.
Typical Day in Role
– Support the Associate Director, GBM Global Refresh with complex data analysis, problem solving, and project execution as required
– Identify, analyze and interpret trends in unstructured and complex datasets that pertain to client and regulatory data by defining insightful KRI and KPIs from this data.
– Enhance, standardize, and develop Global MIS Analytics and Reporting Framework as required from customer and regulatory onboarding data contained in multiple source systems to support GBMO initiatives related to Global KYC and Regulatory Client Information
– Collaborate with GWO partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve controls, improve efficiency, prioritize initiatives, define processes, and ensure internal clients’ efforts are focused on meeting requirements.
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Fosters a forward-thinking culture of innovation within the team and continuously strives to leverage technology to solve business problems. Codifies best practices and identifies opportunity to enhance reporting processes to drive effective and efficient reporting implementation. Develops appropriate tools, engages with technology to champion GBMO reporting and related automation.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
– The group performs reviews on clients – they will have to look into their documents
– Fleshing the clients of our banking client based on their activities, the business they do with the bank, etc
– Speak with RM, gather necessary documents, etc
– When this is done, the file will pass from one stage to another, making its way along the process, being updated along the way, etc
– when it goes to different stages, the analyst will update the excel tracker, SharePoint, or reports
– They will need to make sure the files are updated and track the number of files moving forward, and backward
– They will also be quality checked and judged on a certain quality percentage
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years of experience of Excel, database programming (SQL), Visual Basic for Applications and Business Intelligence reporting tools (e.g., PowerBI and other visualization tools).
2) 3+ years of experience with the bank’s counterparty data and source application systems, including the onboarding platform – nothing specific
3) At least 2-3 years’ experience producing reports suited for an executive audience
4) 2-3 years of experience and working knowledge of PowerBI and/or similar data visualization tool capabilities
5) The incumbent should have prior experience supporting AML / KYC processes within a financial institution
– Data governance and/or database management experience a plus
– Working knowledge of the bank’s counterparty data and source application systems, including the onboarding platform
– Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a global financial institution or consulting firm, in an operations management, business intelligence, transformation or client analytics function with demonstrated experience in reporting
– Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from a multitude of stakeholders, including: business users, technology and operations partners, compliance, and management. These skills, along with the incumbent’s excellent time management and organizational skills, will allow the incumbent to manage major multi-disciplinary projects while planning and scheduling resources to optimize productivity.
– The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently and quickly resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional and often unstructured / without precedent.
– The incumbent should be able to propose new and innovative solutions to meet the requirements of the user base.
Degrees or certifications:
– A recognized undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
Candidate Review & Selection
– 2 Step Process:
– 1st is aptitude / knowledge interview
– 2nd is cultural
– Team Available all of next week
– and 29th, 30th, and 31st