Junior Cyber Security Analyst
Location Address: Hybrid – Office: Scarborough
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Extension/FTE Opportunity: Possibility, based on performance and need.
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Line: Cyber Automation team is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to support the on-going efforts for web policies. The main function of this role is to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures on Web Content Gateways to regulate employee access to Internet destinations based on business need as well as ensure compliance to existing security policies.
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify security issues and risks and develop mitigation plans.
• Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
• Participate in security compliance efforts.
• Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training.
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 3+ years of experience with management of Web Proxy/Content Filtering gateways. Specific experience with creating policies in Forcepoint, Zscalar or similar technologies is a definite asset.
2. 3+ years of experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
3. 2+ years of consistent implementation of security solutions.
4. 1+ years of experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Bilingual in Spanish.
• Strong communication skills with ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to understand various operations and assess the effectiveness of processes and controls.
• Work effectively in a group environment and manage cross-functional relationships.
• Ability to apply professional judgement, supported by appropriate analysis.
• Attention to details with an ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 round panel interview – 30 minutes to 1 hour