Junior Compliance Analyst
Schedule Hours: 8:30 AM – 5 PM
Contract Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Location: 4715 Tahoe Blvd – ONSITE for 1 month, then possibility of transition to hybrid WFH role
Business Goverance & Controls is responsible for the centralized coordination of requests for information and reporting of audit issues. They are seeking a contingent worker to support their quality assurance group. The successful candidate will help build and maintain testing tools, and create dashboards for reporting
Candidate Value Proposition:
This is a great opportunity to start or grow one's career within one of the 5 big banks. The successful candidate will be able to network with people from other branches while also participating in a tremendous amount of learning. Ideal role for those who are knowledge driven
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
• During periods of low activity, assists in conducting smaller detailed reviews and analysis on behalf of senior management and contributes to documenting findings.
• Builds and sustains effective relationships by working with units and business partners. Provides feedback of findings to team and manager for future opportunities to improve support.
• Supports the creation of divisional reporting which provides holistic insight into the Core Business & Support across RSC/BSC including but not limited to: quality control results, action plans and status, and audit issues.
• Contributes to creation and management of a central repository for tracking and reporting audit issues; collaborating with management to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken where undue risks / issues are identified, and escalating where required.
• Understands the operating model and ongoing initiatives within BSC/RSC at a holistic level through analysis and identification of commonalities leading to process improvements and efficiencies and maintains up to date knowledge of business changes and compliance requirements.
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
Typical Day in Role:
– Manage testing processes that have been assigned to them
– Maintain and update trend sheet (all points that have been called out for testing)
– Validate system information for review from the business
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel (Vlook-ups, pivot tables, building scripts, formulas, and macros into documents). PPT also an asset
– Strong analytical skills – candidate will need to be able to review & investigate spreadsheets and apply the necessary fixes
– Previous banking or financial industry experience
Soft Skills Required:
– Results focused
– Quick, independent learner
– Flexible to changing processes
– Detail oriented, with a high sense of accuracy
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills for engaging with BNS partners
– Ability to meet tight deadlines and and manage competing priorities
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management or related field preferred