Location Address: Toronto once Covid Restrictions Lifted
Contract Duration: 6 months (Possibility for extension or convert to FTE with good performance and scope of phase 2)
The primary responsibility is to lead operations support activities related to the Benchmark Rate Reform (BRR) Program. The BRR program was initiated in 2019 at the Enterprise level to facilitate transition from the use of IBOR rates and towards Risk Free Rates in an orderly manner. Operational readiness that support capital markets trading, is a crucial workstream to the program. As the industry moves towards regulatory imposed deadlines on cessation of IBORs, increased client and counterparty demand for proactive conversions is anticipated ahead of these dates. This role is to support all Confirmation Utility tasks that will stem from the conversion activity.
Typical Day in the Role:
– The candidate is required to assist in the coordination and delivery of tasks that impact the systems and processes of the Confirmations Utility
– They will be required to work with external clients and counterparties, as well as manage relationships with internal partners including Operations, Legal Counsel, Risk Management, Compliance, Regulations, Technology, and the Front Office both locally and internationally.
– Derivative transactions conducted by the Front Office can be complex.
– Trades are executed bilaterally or through Brokers or Swap Execution Facilities, and are affirmed and confirmed either directly with clients and trade counterparties or through middleware such as MarkitWire, DS Match, etc.
Must Have Hard Skills:
• 3+ years’ experience within Capital markets environment
• 2+ years’ experience within an Operations function
• Experience of working on large projects and knowledge of the project life-cycle and accepted project management methodologies
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint
Nice to Have Hard Skills:
• Operations Experience within a FI Confirmations team, working with complex legal documentation
• Experience working with supporting technology – workflow engine products, reconciliation tools, and derivative trading systems
• Ability to draft and review Confirmations in compliance with ISDA Definitions and standards
• Ability to prepare reports, perform reconciliations, analyse and interpret data and results
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to support a wide variety of internal stakeholders, tailoring materials to audience where required
• Strong customer service skills
• Effective interpersonal relations, including excellent teamwork/partnerships and relationship building with wide range of stakeholders at all levels
• Strong Emotional Intelligence, with ability to detect issues, determine risk scenarios and act accordingly, i.e., strategically influence or escalate
• Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
• Excellent attention to detail
Education / Certifications:
• University degree in Finance, Business, or related studies
• Project Management (PMP, PRINCE) and/or BA Certification (Nice to Have)