Junior Capital Markets Business Analyst
Location Address: Toronto – candidate needs to be on site for the first 30 days and then WFH
Contract Duration: 2 months – possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GBMO – Global Banking and Markets.
Project: Contributes to the overall success of the GBMO in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in GBM, and there is an opportunity for extension and to be converted to FTE as well.
Typical Day in Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Support the Associate Director, Off-Boarding & Client Lifecycle Management to drive successful execution and completion of client off boards in a controlled and timely manner across GBM Canada
• Engage business and develop business partnerships to gain buy in to strategic off boarding
• Deepen key strategic client relationships and to leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Support the development of a robust client off boarding operating model in order to timely exit risky or nonstrategic clients which have been approved by the business
• Provide accurate and complete management information on status, risks and issues with the process and escalate any control weakness
• Supporting the relevant remediation initiatives as assigned, including planning, tracking, execution, as well as developing robust process, relevant training materials and procedures documents
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with our clients Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of Capital Markets experience – understanding of global banking and capital markets business
2) 2+ years of KYC/Regulatory experience
3) Proven understanding of the end-to-end workflows among the Front, Middle, and Back Offices.
4) Intermediate excel skills – pivot tables, lookups, index matching
1) Power BI knowledge
2) Strong grasp of MS Suite, including Sharepoint and Access Database
Soft Skills Required:
• Must be able to operate effectively within a stressful environment with changing priorities and tight time frames which are closely scrutinized by Senior/Executive Management
• The position requires business acumen, sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent oral/written communication, relationship management, and time management skills are a must
• Fast learner, strong analytical skills and critical thinking capabilities to frame and structure complex issues
effectively and develop insights and recommendation.
• Change agent with high energy, demonstrated strong ability to work under pressure, deal with ambiguities and
uncertainties, and drive results
• Strong communication, organizational, project management, and planning skills
Post-secondary in business, finance, Law or other relevant field preferred
PMP, CAMs designation or experience an asset.
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round panel interview – HM and team members – 30 minute video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
Notes: Candidate will be expected to work on site for the first 30 days.