Junior Business Analyst
Location Address: Toronto WFH – potentially may be required to come in once a quarter once restrictions lift
Contract Duration: 6 months – very good possibility for extension (project is for 15 months)
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours 9- 5
Reason: Project work
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Digital Marketing
Project: The Investor Solutions project seeks to take an existing website housed on a separate platform, and migrate it to the bank’s primary content management system, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). The new version of the site will therefore be compliant with Scotiabank guidelines for branding, accessibility, SEO, etc.; while still retaining all the essential functionality of the current site. The AEM platform will need to be enhanced to enable the dynamic data which drives the site to be displayed to site visitors using interactive tools. The Business Analyst will collaborate with partners in multiple technology teams, QA, content management, accessibility, analytics, and SEO, business line, and design, for:
– Technical and UX solutioning
– Research spike and story writing to fulfill the solution
– Documentation and training of content authors for the new CMS functionality
– Consultation/support throughout the project lifecycle
Candidate Value Proposition: You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world. Very high level project with upper management visibility.
Typical Day in Role:
• Champion a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem-solving skills with a lean and agile mentality.
• Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
• Identify and report on common sources of technical issues or questions, and make platform recommendations to cross-functional teams.
• Stay on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the platform and the digital customer experience.
• Work with cross-functional teams in determining the best edge cases to support reusability and scalability across the platform.
• Define and document the platform user requirements, while keeping an eye out for any important process opportunities.
• Define clear requirements by writing and updating agile stories.
• Support with backlog grooming and prioritization, and participate in test case definition and user acceptance testing.
• Understand how the organization’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 2+ years of previous BA experience
2. Intermediate or advanced level experience working with APIs.
3. Knowledge/Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager
4. Experience with documentation and project management platforms such as Confluence and JIRA.
5. Intermediate or advanced level knowledge of SDLC.
• Basic knowledge of programming languages to comprehend reading code and basic functions is a bonus.
• Being an Adobe Certified Business Practitioner is a bonus.
• Industry-related certifications such as CBAP.
Soft Skills Required:
• Works in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time efficiently
• Works with teams, stakeholders and end-user customers
• Strong communication and business writing skills.
• Analytical and creative thinking and practical problem-solving skills.
• A positive and resilient personality.
• Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints.
• A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field such as computer science or computer engineering is a bonus.
Candidate Review & Selection
2 interviews – Video – 30 min each 1st call with Manager 2nd call with partners
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP