Junior Business Analyst
Location Address: Hybrid – WFH & on site at Toronto – 4 days on site, 1 WFH
Contract Duration: ASAP until July 30, 2022 (2-3 months)
Strong possibility of extension (to Oct 2023)
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Reason: Backfill – Project work has been going on for developing Tax Module and we need assistance to manage project as well as regular BaU tasks.
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GBM Onboarding – Onboard clients within trading platforms; if client has been approved by risk assessment group (GRM) after completion of AML KYC documentation – this group onboards clients onto the system for trading; another part of the group onboards clients in system to keep records for future purposes; conducts internal reporting, regulatory reporting – maintained in the in house third party system; onboarding customers into the trading platform.
Project: Developing Tax Modules – migrating data from legacy ACBS system into Loan IQ system – multi-year (2-3 year) project, in 2nd year – Tax Modules is within the larger regulatory system; the contractor will be assisting in processing bulk data & comparing data from different systems
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within loan systems in banking, gain more exposure to data management and how tasks are settled when going into production.
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with LIQ project team to validate Data Migration from ACBS to LIQ system.
• Identify gaps within static fields on a large spread sheet, extract provided by LIQ project team.
• Investigate ACBS to understand static info and confirm Data Integrity in order to input in LIQ system.
• Conduct UAT testing as required for the GO LIVE of system migration.
• Involve with project related work as when required by the manager.
• Work with the Manager to resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of GWO, Front Office and Middle Office with a specific focus on creating measurable/qualitative improvements relating to static data setup for counterparties.
• Delivery client experience and data accuracy for all counterparties across different source systems maintained by GWS Static Data that is continuously growing.
• Assist to stich income amount both from ACBS and LIQ for filing IRS Tax report for the year 2021.
• Maintain Tax Module for maintenances of IRS tax static data for Loan Syndication customers.
• Liaise with existing counterparty set-up operations groups, GWO, Front Office and GCMD to clarify data errors / inconsistencies
• Contact with other departments for counterparty related issues and champion continuous improvement initiatives that support the optimal function for the businesses that we support.
• Performing new lender/borrower set up and static data validation and maintenance.
• Perform customer setup maintenances and verify/mapping/capture pertinent information to the related sub-systems.
• Document standard operating procedures (SOPs) to maintain the standard set of rules.
• Contribute/participate in user acceptance testing activities for ongoing system enhancements or implementation of new systems
• Contribute to the protection of the Bank from exposure to loss by ensuring compliance with Bank policies/procedures and regulatory requirement.
• Review daily email request from the business lines and liaise with technology and other departments for improvements in the process
• Perform any other duties as needed to support the desk smoothly as per need of Manager/Higher management.
• Able to perform overtime as needed within short notices or as per need of the desk.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Proficient with Excel at intermediate level – VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, functions etc.
2) 3-4 years of data management skills (ok for some experience to be within schooling)
1) Experience as a Business Analyst
2) Experience with Loan IQ and/or ACBS
Soft Skills Required:
• Prioritization – ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously, with competing priorities under short timelines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to the growing demands of client onboarding and keeping in line with Compliance and Regulatory requirements
• Strong interpersonal skills, including effective communication, persuasion and self-motivation to effectively manage multiple tasks within short deadlines within a changing business environment.
•Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
Candidate Review & Selection
1 panel interview – HM and team members – 30 minutes-45 minutes
Potential 2nd with Director
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: HM is OOO April 26 to May 6th – will have someone in place to assist with processes