Junior Business Analyst
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with LIQ project team to validate Data Migration from ACBS to LIQ system.
• Identify gaps within static fields on a large spread sheet, extract provided by LIQ project team.
• Investigate ACBS to understand static info and confirm Data Integrity in order to input in LIQ system.
• Conduct UAT testing as required for the GO LIVE of system migration.
• Involve with project related work as when required by the manager.
• Work with the Manager to resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of GWO, Front Office and Middle Office with a specific focus on creating measurable/qualitative improvements relating to static data setup for counterparties.
• Delivery client experience and data accuracy for all counterparties across different source systems maintained by GWS Static Data that is continuously growing.
• Assist to stich income amount both from ACBS and LIQ for filing IRS Tax report for the year 2021.
• Maintain Tax Module for maintenances of IRS tax static data for Loan Syndication customers.
• Reconciliate tax fields required between ACBS and Tax Module
• Liaise with existing counterparty set-up operations groups, GWO, Front Office and GCMD to clarify data errors / inconsistencies
• Contact with other departments for counterparty related issues and champion continuous improvement initiatives that support the optimal function for the businesses that we support.
• Performing new lender/borrower set up and static data validation and maintenance.
• Perform customer setup maintenances and verify/mapping/capture pertinent information to the related sub-systems.
• Document standard operating procedures (SOPs) to maintain the standard set of rules.
• Contribute/participate in user acceptance testing activities for ongoing system enhancements or implementation of new systems
• Contribute to the protection of the Bank from exposure to loss by ensuring compliance with Bank policies/procedures and regulatory requirement.
• Review daily email request from the business lines and liaise with technology and other departments for improvements in the process
• Perform any other duties as needed to support the desk smoothly as per need of Manager/Higher management.
• Able to perform overtime as needed within short notices or as per need of the desk.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 1+ year experience as a Business Analyst, preferably within banking
2) Demonstrated expert Excel skills (vLookups, data comparison, macros) and overall good MS Office skills
1) Experience with ACBS/Loan IQ or equivalent lending systems
2) Background in accounting/taxes an asset
Soft Skills Required:
• Team player
• Eager to learn
• Can take ownership
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
Post-secondary degree – preferably in business or equivalent