Java/ Spring Developer
Typical Day in Role
• Design, develop and implement applications and solutions to support Global Banking and Markets client data processing, reporting and analytics.
• Work within a Java and Spring ecosystem to design and deliver complex software components and applications.
• Analyze complex business requirements and transform them into robust technical specifications.
• Start day with a scrum call to give updates to the team, call out blockers and concerns (Developers, BAs, QAs)
• Bi-weekly sprint planning calls
• Writing code and developing based on Jira Assignments
• New project, most code will be net new (about 50% new code, 50% existing projects)
• Code review
• Almost completely back-end work, there is a separate front-end team (unless the candidate wishes to participate in front-end tasks, this is not a requirement)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years web application development in Java and Spring
• 2+ years recent projects working with Docker and Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
• 2+ years relational database experience (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
• Recent projects working with Kafka
• Redis is an asset
• Experience with Linux and Linux commands is an asset
• Azure is an asset
• Elastic Search and Kibana is an asset
• Capital Markets background is an asset
• Team player, strong team component
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required