Location Address: WFH, followed by Toronto
Contract Duration: Until 10/31/2022 + good chance of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Global Banking & Markets, Data & Analytics Engineering
• Project: Implementing new third party system used by compliance to lock the deals
• Reason for request: Understaffed for current project needs.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience with a financial institution within a capital markets department. Working with multiple teams on compliance applications related to conflicts management, control room, and capital market products.
Typical Day in Role
• Work closely with Business Analyst, Product Owner, and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to application solutions.
• Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Python/Java, Spring Boot, RESTful services, and a variety of Microservices.
• Design solutions, write codes, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artifacts/documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
• Ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems.
• Liaises and solutions with third party vendors, to ensure the integration of their products/solutions meet our business and application requirements.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing all stages of the technology product life cycle.
• Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily stand-ups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 6+ years of technical experience in developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java/Python (required), as well as: Spring framework and Unix scripting.
2) 6+ years’ experience using SQL on databases such as (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, PL/SQL) and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Cassandra or similar).
3) 1 – 3 years’ experience with one of the following technologies: Apache NIFI, Apache Kafka, Elastic Search, JSON.
4) Experience in building public and internal REST APIs.
5) Strong development techniques, such as debugging, Test Driven Development, coding, use of productivity tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Azure CI/CD Jenkins, Azure CI/CD DevOps pipeline).
• Data modelling experience is a plus and will be prioritized.
• Hands on experience designing and developing integration solutions with Kafka, message queue, and related technologies.
• Knowledge in Capital Markets Products, Control Room, Conflicts of Interest, Information Barriers and Employee Trading Programs, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Framework is an asset.
• Excellent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms.
• Self-starter who will be able to come in and hit the ground running without a lot of guidance.
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal), Interacting with Product, Design, Front-end and Back-end Teams.
Best vs Average: Building applications from scratch on previous projects is also an asset.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: One round panel – developers + HM (1 hour)