Job Posting Title: Java Programmer/Developer – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 12 months
Our public sector client is seeking a Java Programmer/Developer – Level 3
OPSdocs is a service to manage digital records and business information through the full document and record life cycle. The service enables digital management of the information that government and broader public sector employees use to perform their jobs and serve Ontarians. Information is securely stored in a central location, is easy to find, and provides tools to ensure adherence to OPS recordkeeping policies. This means all digital documents can be accessed and shared in any way that makes sense to a program area. OPSdocs provides modernized management of OPS business records in an enterprise class content management system.
This service aligns to support the following government priorities.
- Embrace modern, sustainable digital service delivery for business to operate in a COVID and post-COVID world
- Support the need for a flexible OPS workforce that works from home effectively
- Offer services digitally and easier to use while moving away from in-person and paper-based transactions, helping to reduce costs
- Realize cost efficiencies, increase value for money and reduce fiscal risk while meeting the needs of people and businesses in Ontario
- Secure documents and lower the amount of lost data
- Make it easier for people and businesses to get the services they need
- Increases interoperability across services
- Modernize technology platforms for government service delivery
- Enable data sharing across government and the broader public sector to improve digital service delivery
- Transform back office government processes to be more efficient
- Enable integration of data across different levels of government
1. 10+ years’ experience in developing n-tier Enterprise applications
2. 10+ years’ hands-on development with Java Enterprise technologies
3. Expertise in application design, latest design patterns, deployment and troubleshooting
4. Extensive hands-on development & troubleshooting experience on Java EE platform
5. Expertise in JPA or Hibernate, and Spring Framework
6. Proficient working with Databases and SQL (expertise with Oracle and PL/SQL highly
7. Proficient in Eclipse IDE or Rational RSA
Nice to have or must be willing to learn
1. Opentext Script, Webreports , web report triggers
2. Opentext workflow design and deployment, CS
3. MS SQL – SQL , DDL , DML , triggers , stored procedures, etc ; i.e developer type tasks
4. JMeter, Apache HTTPd , Tomcat, Cygwin
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Java EE platform
10+ years of experience in application design, latest design patterns, deployment and
10+ years of experience with developing n-tier Enterprise applications.
10+ years of development experience with Java Enterprise technologies.
Demonstrated hands-on development and troubleshooting experience on Java EE
Demonstrated experience in Eclipse IDE or Rational RSA.
ORM – JPA / Hibernate
Demonstrated experience working with ORM tools such as JPA or Hibernate.
Database / SQL
Demonstrated experience with writing SQL and Stored Procedures (in Oracle and PL/
Demonstrated experience working with Spring Framework – Spring MVC, Spring Data,
Spring Security, etc.