Applications Developer – Java Developer – Med Access
– Work within the full stack of technologies (UI, application tier, database) that the Med Access EMR is built on
– Participate in the design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of end-user enhancements, system to system messaging interfaces as well as defect backlog issues
– Participate in Scrum teams
– Participate in interpreting system requirements and defining user workflows
– Liaise with internal team members, end users and/or other systems departments as needed.
– Participate in the generation, modification and review of code, test plans and test cases as well as executing unit and integration testing.
– Provide 3rd level support.
– Knowledge of SDLC (Agile/Scrum in particular)
– Strong knowledge of Java and Java-based web applications
– Knowledge/skills with other programming languages/technologies:
– Web Services (SOAP, REST)
Required Skills & Abilities
– Clear written and verbal communication
– Ability to learn new technologies quickly
– Ability to work under general supervision
– Ability to effectively multi-task
– Ability to be a goal-oriented self-starter and work independently
– Ability to ensure commitments to external or internal customers are met in a timely manner
Required Professional Designation/Certification
– University Degree Or Equivalency
– 5+ years of equivalent experience
– Experience in Healthcare IT would be an asset