Java Developer x 2
Typical Day in Role:
– Works closely with end-users, Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Must take an interest in understanding the business functions of the end-users.
– Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
– Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
– 40% Front End/60% back end
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– 10+ years experience with Java, along with strong experience using Spring Boot in recent projects
– 3+ years’ experience with Angular 2+
– Working experience using Maven and Git
– Foundational knowledge of SOLID principles
– Agile and Waterfall methodologies
– Databases: MS-SQL and Oracle is an asset
– Additional CI/CD tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Docker is an asset
• The candidate must also possess good analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and be able to interact efficiently with other team members and the user community. The candidate should also be a quick learner, self motivated and results oriented, and able to work independently.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required