Role: Java Developer
Duration: 5 Months
Story Behind the Need
The IB Mobile & Online Modernization Group is working on a net new project that will enable sales generations through ATMs. This modernization project will be delivered initially to ATMs in the Caribbean and continue to grow throughout the bank, paralleling with multiple departments.
• Project: Since it is a net new project, a brand-new team will be formed contributing to the overall digital modernization of the bank.
• Reason for request: Net New Project
Candidate Value Proposition
This intricate role will touch layers of multiple departments and potentially scale enterprise wide. Utilizing Microservice API’s, the Scotiabank’s banking will be transformed.
Typical Day in Role
The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using Java based languages to support business requirements.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as a technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-7 years’ experience developing back end technology with Java, min 1 year experience with Java 8.0
2) 4 + years’ experience working with Java frameworks: Spring, SpringBoot 2, JUnit, Functional programming paradigms
3) 4 + years’ experience creating RESTful API's and working with MicroServices environments
3) 4 + years’ experience working with Agile / Scrum Teams
4) Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
– Experience with Postman, Gradle
– Previous Financial Services Experience
– Previous experience working with Large or Medium sized environments
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: 1 technical, White board interview + 1 behavioural interview (meet the team)
• The hiring manager is really looking for an enthusiastic developer who is motivated to work on a large-scale project. Ideally, the candidate is willing to learn and understands the full life cycle of a new project.