Java Developer/Programmer- COBAL- Cloud
Story Behind the Need:
Support with the migration of TRIAD from FICO host (vendor) to BNS host. This is a critical initiative for a CIA application.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Documentation of existing state, interim state and future state solutions, architecture, and integration points
– Assisting with Cobol programming for Cloud data migration from a 3rd party vendor platform (FICO) to a new Cloud.
– Running tests and adjusting the programming as needed
– Raise blockers or gaps in current plan, identify and engage teams that can resolve them and work towards that resolution.
– Accountable for the activities for projects assigned (including related sub-projects)
– Within the context of the assigned programs/projects, responsible for providing regular communications with technical stakeholders
– Act as the subject matter expert for the projects assigned and be able to summarize progress/challenges to leadership
Must Have Skills:
– 5 years’ experience of previous Programming experience
– 5 years’ experience with COBOL
– Experienced with Cloud based software
– Experience with Java development
Nice to Have Skills:
– Previous experience working with a Financial Institute an asset
– Strong communication skills are needed for this role (Written/Verbal)
– Ability to work in a Team environment
Post Secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience