Location Address: WFH (Scarborough)
Contract Duration: 5.5 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday (7.5 hours per day)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Transaction Processing Services
• Project: Web-based, cloud-based project. The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies (e.g. – C#, C++, HTML) to support business requirements.
• Reason for request: Understaffed for current project needs.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about more cloud technology and possible kick-start to career with a big 5 bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our banking client's Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions, and conduct risk.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years experience with Web and Cloud technologies (preferred Microsoft Azure
• At least 5 years of hands on experience with Development experience in needed language or technology
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large-scale projects from end-to-end
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
• 1-2 years of prior experience in level 1 production support
• J2EE technologies – Java, JDBC, Web Services (SOAP, REST)
• Web application technologies – Restful APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, JSON
• Database experience – DB2, SQL
• Build management and code deployment experience – IBM Websphere, Azure CDP (Cloud Development Platform)
• Understand HTTPS, TLS/SSL and has experience on generate certificate
• Monitoring tools – Splunk
• Source code repository – Bitbucket, Git, SourceTree, Clearcase
• J2EE technologies – JSP, JSF, Servlets, EJB, , JNDI and JMS
• IDE tools – Eclipse, IntelliJ, IBM RAD, WebLogic Workbench, STS (SpringToolSuite), etc.
• Database experience – Azure SQL, Redis Cache, MySQL
• Build management and code deployment experience – Azure CI/CD DevOps pipeline, BEA WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Gradle
• Understand Keystore, Key Vault and others like Active Directory, Kerberos, MFA for user and application authentication.
• Logging and testing – Junit, Log4J, PowerMock, Jest, Protractor, Jasmine, Selenium
• Code quality / security vulnerability scanning tools – Fortify, Pentest, BlackDuck
• Monitoring tools – Dynatrace, Aternity
• Other software development tools – Atlassian Confluence and JIRA
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Must be fluent in English, oral and written, with excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to understand, document and share key system information with their colleagues, support groups, other technical staff, business partners and management.
• Takes accountability for results and exhibits a “can do attitude”.
• Self-starter with a desire to learn and contribute.
• Has an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, to tackle difficult problems and seek/give constant feedback.
• Embraces change and sees it as an essential driver to solve complex issues.
• Demonstrates flexibility and can move forward without having all the answers.
• Consistently seeks to understand, meet, and deliver on customers’ expectations.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format:
• 1 round – panel interview with managers, architects and director
• Technical questions and skills assessment