Location Address: Toronto – WFH – hybrid model
Contract Duration: End 10/28/2022 – potential for extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5
Reason: Project work
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Data
Project: The Canadian Digital Banking Engineering Data ground is looking to grow their back-end API microservices team that serve their digital mobile and online platforms.
Candidate Value Proposition: You will be part of a dynamic and exciting team and culture at Digital Factory. The team has been continuously growing, so there’s lots of work to do with potential for extension. They have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
• Represent team as point person with in-depth understanding of day-to-day team operations
• Work closely with the Senior Development Manager, providing team and project status updates, escalating issues as needed (e.g. resourcing, training, etc.)
• Develop coding standards and testing approaches
• Work closely with Product Owner / BSA to determine near-term and future plans for the team
• Collaborate with the Delivery Lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
• Provide coaching and mentoring to team members, and provide employee feedback regarding performance and future development to the Senior Development Manager
• Facilitate communication, coordinate and motivate team to achieve shared goals
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 3-5 years of experience working with Java 8, Spring Boot, and Git
2. In depth knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, tools
Nice to have Skills:
API development, Spring JPA, Spring Security, Swagger Codegen, cloud development (PFC), Node.js
Previously worked in a larger enterprise
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
• Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
• Must be passionate about the work you do, self-driven, and a great team player with strong communication skills.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Education: Post secondary degree
Candidate Review & Selection: 3 Step process
1. Video Interview with the manager 30 min
2. Codility test
3. Technical video interview with team members – 45 min
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP