Location Address: WFH – Office: Scarborough
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm (7.5 hours/day)
Extension: Yes, depending on performance
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Wealth Management Tech – Bogota is looking for a Developer to work on multiple projects including the IPF Project.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity work to with a global team and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• The team values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Support side during the day
• Full stack developer – more back end
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 3+ years of development experience in needed language or technology (e.g. Java, UNIX, LINUX, Sybase)
2) 3+ years of hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
3) 3+ years of hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
• experience with order management system
• Java Certification
• Knowledge in trades within the bank (iTRADE would be an asset)
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive and able to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round interview – hiring manager (30 minutes)
• 2nd round interview – panel with the technical team (30 minutes)