Location Address: Scarborough once Covid Restrictions Lifted
– The group is open to completely remote candidates across as well
Contract Duration: Until end of Fiscal Year (Possibility for extension or conversion)
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am – 5pm
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Enterprise Technology Strategy and Delivery Management
The candidate will be sitting on the Global Operations Technology team, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
The GOT team is responsible for the implementation (and ongoing support) of global, multi-entity, multi-region cash management application used to service our Currency Services business areas. This third party vendor is built using Java and MS SQL technologies, runs 24 x 7, processes a millions of transactions monthly, services 200+ users and interacts with 10+ systems in batch and real-time. It provides a variety of utilities (online, workflow, electronic, reporting) to facilitate a scalable and controlled operational environment for our clients. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the solution architecture design discussion, implementation, integration and testing.
Reason for request:
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank but also get to working in a globally connected cloud environment on a cash management application with a large amount of usage.
Typical Day in Role
– Understanding the business area and user requirements
– Performing program design, coding and development – performing unit testing
– Producing documentation based on the company's standards.
– Design (and leverage where exists) reusable frameworks – environment management and layout design.
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
– Conduct and provide Integrated Systems Testing, Quality Assurance Testing and Production deployment support on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
– Provide support to all assigned Production applications with adherence to all established risk and control precepts
– Be a key contributor in the development and maintenance of cost effective and robust applications.
– Manage own development timelines and many related tasks.
– Ensure all tasks are worked to completion.
– Demonstrate strong knowledge of Agile and/or Waterfall development methodologies.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4 years with Core Java / J2EE Web Applications with following mandatory
2) 4+ years of Cloud-native containerized architecture with experience in cloud platform such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Azure console
3) 4 + years of experience / Strong knowledge of major RDBMS systems, specifically SQL 2016/2019
4) 4+ years of experience with Spring Boot
5) 4+ years of experience designing and building application using cloud native and Microservices architecture
– Banking experience – integrating banking systems
– JBoss/WebSphere application Server administration
– Experience with a global platform and experienced in Cash management functions preferred
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Excellent communications skills
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
– Azure / Cloud certifications preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
HM, and Team members start with technical interview
– Ask technical / architectural questions as they go through the JD