Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
OT: No; Potential support needed (will be paid as OT if required, but will not happen often if at all)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Derivatives and Structured Product Technology
• Project: Name: DPM; Peak derivatives front desk platform
• Reason for request: Backfill contractor position
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a microservices architecture, Kafka and Elastic Search.
Typical Day in Role
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
• Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
• Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
• Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications.
• Collaborating with other developers within their team, across other teams, as well as the QAs and BAs in the team
• Adding new products and implementing them (new classes, new services, etc need to be created)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
• 3+ years of experience with relational or No SQL databases.
• Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns;
• Proficiency in using GIT for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build;
• Has Worked in an Agile Environment
• Previous experience developing mission critical systems (banking/financial) would be an asset
• Experience in microservices, Kafka, and/or Elastic Search
• Capital Markets domain
• Strong communication
• Fast learner
Best vs Average: Someone who is accountable and takes ownership of their development
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: Codility + Interview