Location Address: WFH, then Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Global Capital Markets Technology
• Project: CMF – Technology team. Loan IQ project.
• Reason for request: Backfill, original developer left
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within capital markets and prime services. Good opportunity to build a career in Capital Market sin a leading financial institution.
Typical Day in Role
– Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures
– Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both users’ needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems for the assigned Lines of Business
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
– Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
– Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
– Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
– Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
– Maintain and manage the version control system (Bitbucket)
– Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
– Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
– Project requirements have changed, and so the role would be 70% writing net new code (back end) to make the necessary changes to existing the project
– 10 – 20% of this role is front end, the rest is back end
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– With 4-8 years of hand-on experience in Java development
– Understanding of Software design and software development lifecycle.
– Hands-on experience with common software development languages with all of the following:
o Java 1.8,
o Spring Framework,
o Spring boot,
o Spring JPA,
o Spring Integration,
o Oracle 12c
– Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
• 4-8 years of financial industry experience; Capital Markets experience preferred
• Hands-on experience with common software development languages including of the following:
o Linux Shell Script
o Vue JS
– Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
– Strong communication skills required to work with a diverse group of employees at various levels within organization
– Strong sense of ownership for system stability and capacity.
Best vs Average: Can successfully demonstrate knowledge in interview. Hands-on experience with must-have skillsets, and ability to speak on similar projects that they have completed.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, information systems, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One round video interview (potential panel, primarily speaking with HM)