Location: WFH (Toronto once on site)
Contract Length: 6 months (possibility for extension based on performance and funding)
Number of Positions: 1
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Core is seeking an experienced Developer for business projects. The projects are already in progress and are focused on maintaining and upgrading business regulations for the digital web channel.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The candidate will have the opportunity to help our banking client transition from a legacy system onto a new and emerging platform while contributing to the efficiency and overall flow of the system. The candidate will be working in a highly visible environment and have the opportunity to be extended or converted with good performance.
Typical Day in Role:
– Analysis, solutioning and code development and code review for other team members
– Providing support to production releases.
Reverse engineering and requirement analysis of an intake.
– You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
– You will be assisting in developing coding standards and testing approaches
– You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
– You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly -regarded for their technical competence.
– You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to "area of specialty".
– You will be providing reviews of solution designs and related code.
– You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 7+ years of building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java
2. 5+ years of Proficient experience using J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
3. 5+ years of experience using Spring / Struts 2 / JSF / jQuery / Hibernate/ Sybase
4. Hands on experience with WebSphere 6 and Apache Tomcat
5. 5+ years of experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO
6. Hands-on experiences with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud, CI/CD
7. Strong Knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt experience to new and evolving environments
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
1. Previous experiences in major Canadian bank considered as asset, specifically web banking system
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
Education and Certifications:
– Degree in computer science or related field is preferred
– Java, Cloud technology certificate is preferred but not required
Interview & Selection:
1 Step Process: 1 Skype/Microsoft Interview – 1hr apprx – w/HM and 2 Technical Leads