Location: WFH (Toronto once on site)
Contract Length: 6 months (possibility for extension based on performance and funding)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking an experienced Developer for business projects. The projects are already in progress and are focused on maintaining and upgrading business regulations for the digital web channel.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The candidate will have the opportunity to help bank transition from a legacy system onto a new and emerging platform while contributing to the efficiency and overall flow of the system. The candidate will be working in a highly visible environment and have the opportunity to be extended or converted with good performance.
Typical Day in Role:
– Analysis, solutioning and code development and code review for other team members
– Providing support to production releases.
Reverse engineering and requirement analysis of an intake.
– You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
– You will be assisting in developing coding standards and testing approaches
– You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
– You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly -regarded for their technical competence.
– You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to "area of specialty".
– You will be providing reviews of solution designs and related code.
– You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 4+ years of building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java
2. 3+ years of Proficient experience using J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
3. 3+ years of experience using Spring / Struts 2 / JSF / jQuery / Hibernate/ Sybase
4. Hands on experience with WebSphere 6 and Apache Tomcat
5. 3+ years of experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO
6. Hands-on experiences with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud, CI/CD
7. Strong Knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt experience to new and evolving environments
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
1. Previous experiences in major Canadian bank considered as asset, specifically web banking system
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
Education and Certifications:
– Degree in computer science or related field is preferred
– Java, Cloud technology certificate is preferred but not required