Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 8 months + chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group maintains, supports and develops trade flows for global markets, specifically US, Canada, UK and Singapore.
• Project: The group is looking for a strong Java Developer to be hired in the eScape team for project. Produce real-time depository position updates and feed into a downstream vendor application.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility and can engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing new technology.
Typical day in role:
The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using general languages and technologies (JAVA) to support business requirements.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must have skills:
1. 5+ years of hands on development experience in Core Java and server-side Java programming related technologies in an Agile development environment
2. 5 + years’ experience designing patterns and Object Orient Design concepts
3. 3 + years’ experience with Spring Frameworks (Boot OR Cloud preferably)
4. Basic understanding of SQL, preferably with Oracle experience (minimum 3 years’ experience)
5. Recent Experience in utilizing Source Control & Build Tools, like Bitbucket, Jenkins etc.
– Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate technical requirements to business users
– Looking for a self-starter who is motivated and driven – need to figure out or explore alternate items if they hit a roadblock*
Nice to have skills:
• SWIFT, Trade settlement lifecycles – will know the business better and can contribute better
• Cap markets industry exp.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required