Duration: 3 months + good chance of extension
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need
Business Group: The banking group manages a large portfolio for various lines across the bank.
• Project: The banking group is working on consolidated billing modernization and require a strong Java Developer to re-engineer codes and ensure security vulnerabilities to the bank are fixed.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility and can engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing new technology.
Typical Day in Role:
-Working within a cross-functional team of Developers, Product Owners, and technical experts to understand requirements that drive the design and implementation of technical solutions.
-Work with architecture groups on design proposals, development, and maintenance of applications.
-Address technical issues on projects; pro-actively engaging project team and clients with concerns.
Must have skills:
1. Must have 8+ years of working experience with Java, Spring, SQL
2. 8+ years of working experience with SOAP, JSON, RESTful services
Nice to have:
– Experience with cloud service integration is an asset
– Working experience in IBM technologies such as IBM WebSphere, IBM DB2, IBM MQ
– Working experience in AIX/Unix environment
– Proficient in build tools Git, Maven, Jenkins
– Proficient in Eclipse-based development environment
– Experience in collaboratives tools such as Confluence, JIRA
– Experience in static code analyzer tools such as Fortify, Blackduck, WebInspect is an asset *hiring resource to fix all security vulnerabilities
– Experience in OWASP vulnerabilities is an asset
– Role is focused on re-engineering existing codes and updating security vulnerabilities – mostly on back end technology
– Excellent communication skills, problem-solving and organizational skills
– Team player with experience working in an Agile environment
– Ability to quickly ramp up on and apply new technologies and processes.
Computer Science Degree or Equivalent.