Duration; 5 months to start
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group is searching for a strong Java Developer as the project scope continues to grow.
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining an ongoing project focused on modernizing existing bank Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on one of the most exciting initiatives for the bank leveraging cutting edge technology stack to help improve experience and engagement for bank customers. Working in a collaborative and cross-functional environment, the candidates will work autonomously while working in a supportive environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Work as a member of a dynamic Agile team developing web applications for Online Brokerage / Wealth management retail customers
• Be able to push yourself and team members to ensure that goals are met
• Interface with technical and non-technical team members answering any questions they may have
• Ability to provide time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment.
• Problem investigation / solving in highly active production environment
– Application performance tuning.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years Intensive Service development experience: Java 8, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Spring Boot, Jersey and Swagger
2) 2 + years Integration technology: JSON/ RESTful, XML, and SOAP services
3) Recent, Hands on experience with GIT, Gradle , Eclipse, and Maven
4) 5 + years’ experience with Java frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Log4j
5) 5 + years Database development experience in SQL, Stored Procedures, AzureSQL/Sybase
6) Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps automation (1 project minimum)
7) Batch processing development : Unix shell scripts
• General SSL knowledge
• General networking knowledge
– Spring Cloud, JSF, and Facelets / RichFaces, Websphere
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required