Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Length: 4 months
Story Behind the Need: Seeking a Java Developer to play a key role in key initiative for the client that will contribute to the success of improving customer journey and provide better and more customized banking to customers. The initiative is a revamp of the way that the bank onboards customers and directs them to forms, directs them to products and services, etc and helps get them through the process.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams, while having the opportunity to be extended based on their performance and funding. Being a program manager at a top 5 Canadian bank, you will get the opportunity to lead in a fast paced and forward thinking environment, working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging tech.
Typical Day in Role:
– The candidate will be working primarily in Java, NodeJs, ReactJs
– The candidate will generally be split 70/30 between front end / back end but will be doing work on both sides
– Participate in daily scrum ceremonies to determine action items for the day
– Assist with deployment – pipeline is mostly setup but understanding what environment they are deploying too and understanding the individual procedures
– Work with a team of 3 other developers , 1 BSA, 1 Technical Lead, and 3 QA’s to handle initiatives
– Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
– Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
– Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
– Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
– Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
2) 3+ years of experience building reusable components
3) 2+ years of experience in AWS/Azure etc – any cloud infrastructure experience
4) 2+ years of data modeling – experience working and sanitizing data
Nice to Have Skills:
– Experience building end user facing platform / websites
– Experience building websites for the visually impaired
– Excellent client-facing and relationship building skills – must have experience dealing with and presenting too senior individuals on a daily basis
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong negotiation skills, conflict management skills and ability to influence executive management
– Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
– Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
– Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
– Able to write and communicate fluently in English and Spanish in order to provide clear directives and work well with remote assistance in various countries
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering