Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group’s mandate is to ensure that the Bank’s workloads in cloud environments comply with the Bank’s standards and industry recognized benchmarks.
• Project: The group is searching for 2 IT Security Engineers to focus on the design, build, and development of the Bank’s cloud workload protection solutions.
– Lead technology selection of security technologies with the goal to address bank security control objectives
– Lead design and build of selected cloud workload protection capabilities and develop operational documents for the newly deployed service
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful contractor will be joining an exciting project that will be building out a new technology system that supports all of the banks cloud workloads and will greatly benefit from the learning and experience that will be invaluable for future endeavors.
Typical Day in the Role
• Lead technology selection of security technologies with the goal to address bank security control objectives
• Collaborate with the Bank’s internal teams and build cloud workload protection capabilities
• Lead development of a target state view of security capabilities and help define gaps in current state
• Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, applications, infrastructure and network topology
• Provide standards, guidelines and statements of direction for IT system architectures, establishing a framework that constrains the design of systems for the purpose of integration of systems and accessibility of data supporting various business processes and functions.
• Define, design and develop the enterprise systems information architecture to enable cross functional operational reporting and performance optimization.
• Identify strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change.
Must Have Skills:
1. Recent Hands on experience (minimum 1-3 projects) working with Cloud technologies and cloud security knowledge, Kubernetes and Kubernetes security
2. 3 + years’ hands on experience developing policies using solutions from one or more of the following vendors: Aquasec, Palo Alto Prisma, Sonrai, StackRox
3. Network security experience, IAM experience (proven through recent work experience minim 3 years’)
4. 5 + years’ Experience in solution design, development, build and operations
• Excellent soft skills required – working with cross functional business lines, need to be able to communicate with all levels within
• Strong coordination skills to manage multiple moving parts required throughout project scope
Nice to have skills
– Financial industry experience is a nice to have
Certifications: CISSP, CCSP