Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group’s mandate is to ensure that the Bank’s endpoints and networks comply with the Bank’s standards and industry recognized benchmarks.
• Project: The group is searching for an IT Security engineer to focus on the design, build, and development of the Bank’s endpoint and network detection and response capabilities.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful contractor will be joining an exciting project that will be building out a new technology system that supports all of the banks endpoints and networks and will greatly benefit from the experience that will be invaluable for future endeavors.
Typical Day in the Role
• Lead technology selection of security technologies with the goal to address bank security control objectives
• Collaborate with the Bank’s internal teams and build endpoint and network detection and response capabilities
• Lead development of a target state view of security capabilities and help define gaps in current state
• Provide standards, guidelines and statements of direction for IT system architectures, establishing a framework that constrains the design of systems for the purpose of integration of systems and accessibility of data supporting various business processes and functions.
• Define, design and develop the enterprise systems information architecture to enable cross functional operational reporting and performance optimization.
• Identify strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change.
Must Have Skills:
1. Hands on experience working with endpoint and network detection and response technologies (minimum 3 years’)
2. Cloud technologies and cloud security knowledge, Kubernetes and Kubernetes security (Recent – minimum 2 projects)
3. Hands on security experience in intrusion analysis, incident response, or cyber threat intelligence (minimum 3 years’)
4. Experience in solution design, development, build and operations (minimum 5 years’ experience)
• Excellent soft skills required – working with cross functional business lines, need to be able to communicate with all levels within
• Strong coordination skills to manage multiple moving parts required throughout project scope
Nice to have skills:
– Certifications: CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, or GCTI
– Financial Services industry experience nice to have