IT Security Analyst x 2
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
• Participate in security compliance efforts using analytics-driven, awareness-driven, and intelligence-driven analysis methodologies to detect and mitigate threats across the enterprise.
• Take initiative on tasks and problem solving to provide solutions to issues as they may arise
• Adhere to industry standards, methodologies and techniques when gathering, processing, handling and/or storing digital evidence
• Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
• Develop, support, maintain and continuously improve required instance reporting and interpret security policies and procedures
• Continue to improve processes including feedback to areas under review
• Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
• Develop and implement processes and technologies to reduce costs and minimize business impact while strengthening security
• Design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
• Role will start out being more focused on soft skills and more operational, with strong time management
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience as an IT Security Analyst
2) 2+ years’ experience and technical knowledge of a combination of: security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and/or application security.
3) 1+ experience with design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security solutions
1) Experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
2) Experience in leading projects
3) Knowledge of Data Management and Classifications
Soft Skills Required –
• Ability to work independently to assess and analyze information and in a team environment to troubleshoot and provide feedback and/or assistance, as required.
• Excellent communication skills: Proficiency in technical and business writing and communication in English
• A strong and consistent approach to critical thinking, data analytics and problem solving while maintaining both a creative and detailed orientation to job and team accountabilities
• Ability to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a high level of professionalism
• Ability to prioritize and collaborate with other teams as well as your own
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Professional certifications and membership of associations in the field of information/cyber security preferred, but not required, such as: Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)